Wednesday 5 May 2010

May Day Treats

There was a birthday on May Day in our house. We had a rather delicious lunch here and spent a bit of time in the Farmers Market, where I bought a little bit of summer.



Deeelicious.



We had a peek at the chickens, a very grumpy turkey and this guy, who put on an impressive display for us.


The lovely woodland walk was closed because the sheep were lambing so we went back to Eversden Wood to check out the bluebells. Wow. They were indeed out.


We found this huge fungi growing on a tree. Still haven't worked out what it is. And this little egg from which I think a wee blackbird hatched.


We had a day filled with treats and I think that the Birthday Boy had lots of fun, even though his Missus burnt the Dundee Birthday Cake.


































3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm trying to remember what Hugh said. Is that chicken of the woods? Perhaps it is turkey of the tree. Perhaps I'll leave that there.

    Oh how I love Wyken. Eldest P calls it 'the chicken chasing place'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day with scrummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments! I know Cambridge well (it's where I studied) Loved it, but the seaside called me away after about 5 years! Love your header photo, will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete